Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A letter to Mom and Dad

I should post this on Tuesday, 24 April 2007, on my parents’ 42nd wedding anniversary; along with a bouquet of flowers sent to them. And for this I would blame technology as the scapegoat, for causing trouble on the internet connection. The fact is… tower pusat kesamber petir bo!

Ok. This is my letter to them. I try to turn back the clock, zoom in to 42 years ago. It was a lady and a gentleman who showed their gut to make a lifetime commitment to be a husband and wife. What a daring decision I envy!


Dear Mom and Dad,

Some early years living with you is like swimming in a nice and warm pool. You put a lovely swimming suit on me and taught me how to swim. I swam at the same pool with your eyes on me everyday…until someday I got bored and I asked your permission to swim in another pool. I knew it was hard for you to let me go. But I couldn’t wait to see the ocean and explore it.

It was tough Mom…Dad…
The tide rises, the tide falls. Most of the time I have to face all shocking tides alone. Sometimes I couldn’t breathe. Your swimming techniques only work at your pool with no tides in it. It was a time when I kept on blaming you. Pardon my language Mom…Dad…

I grew up Mom…Dad…
I grew up as everybody does and I still swim in the same ocean. Amazingly as I grew up, I descend myself deep down in the ocean. I am diving now. The deeper I go the more challenging views I enjoy. I can even sing with the whales. Sometimes I meet sharks, too. I am frightened. Who doesn’t? But I have to stay in the ocean, so I learn to speak their language to make them friendlier. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Now I can dive as deep as I want. I realize all starts from your hands holding me tight in your warm pool with your caring love. I learn how small things could make a big difference. I will keep dancing with the whales and follow the ocean rhythm. I have no worry at all. You give me enough. Thanks Mom…Dad….

I promise to take care of ikan sapu-sapu di comberan as well! As your advice.

Happy anniversary! May God give you a healthy life and blessed your days forever.

Love you always
Me, the eldest yet the weakest

Prayers from all of us:
chris yuanita (chris, yudhi, anton, ita)
ovi, tina, viana, vito and caitlyn

No comments: