Thursday, May 3, 2007

I love money. Do you?

I joined Brad Sugar, Billionaire in Training Seminar, at Jakarta Convention Centre this evening. All seats were taken and I guess there were more than a thousand people in the room.

Let me explain a bit about Brad Sugar. He is a 35 years old Australian guy, young, rich, good looking (but not my type), having 52 companies worldwide - one of them is ActionCoach, a worldwide Business Coaching company where we send mediatrac to be coached.

He taught us how to be a billionaire. This is to share with you. Hopefully I grab what Sugar said sharply. Business is like climbing a ladder. There are steps to go up and down. The fist step is EMPLOYEE (where most of the people starts) continued by SELF EMPLOYED, MANAGER, BUSINESS OWNER, INVESTOR and the top one is ENTERPRENEUR (where only some people ends up). The idea is progressing from getting an active income to enjoying a passive one. To get to this point the key is only LEARN. Learning leads us to earning, which I absolutely agree.

But somehow I had a mix feeling when he repeatedly uttering the words "rich, money, rich, money, rich". And I started to feel sleepy. This is a natural reaction of me when I lost my interest. Deep inside my heart I felt sorry for Brad for being sleepy while he talked. Deep inside my heart I said to myself that money is not a goal. Sorry Brad, I have to disagree with you. My life is not for money, Brad! Thank God, finally I was relieved when he said: "Life is gaining something out of our best." And I concluded it's not only money. There are some more.

To me, money is a leverage to lift us to something better, something higher, something big to my standard. It's not the goal. It's a tool. And yes, I love money to buy things I like, to buy presents to those I love, to bring me overseas, and to give some to the needy. Money makes my life better. And absolutely I want to earn more. I may not as rich as Brad Sugar but I'm sure my life is sweeter than sugar ha...ha...that's the big idea!

1 comment:

santi said...

I love money too, and I intend to keep on making them, because I know I can help a lot of people with the money I am making. It's that simple. So if there's anybody wants to teach me how to make a lot of money, I'd be willing to listen! Any amount of money won't probably be enough for me, I will never be rich, since I will always ask for more. Richness, is for me, when the money I am making, provide help for others. As Jerry Macguire shouted "show me the money!!!"