Saturday, June 9, 2007

What your voice can do to you

I feel great to experience that every Wednesday I’ll meet those who like to make friends through singing. The idea of singing came across on my mind as a part of my efforts to make my life colorful. At first I tried to call a singing teacher to come to my house to teach me. But then I realized that how good the teacher is, she can’t make my voice like Whitney Houston hahaha... Finally, instead of doing so I offered a choir class to anybody in my office. Sixteen people bought the idea. That’s enough to be a choir according to Ibu Utri, the singing teacher. And here we go...

First session has just gone last Wednesday. It was extremely funny (in literal meaning). Apparently, most of us didn’t have the exposure of singing class before, only three of us get used in choir. Even worse, some of us forgot the notes we learned at Primary School. We kept on laughing seeing the facts and foolish act. We were just like innocent children who want to try something new. That’s the challenge. We kept on laughing at each other mistakes. The fun was ours! It is! and It will always!

The first song to learn picked by Ibu Utri was “Love Changes Everything” by Andrew Lyod Webber. This is one of my favorite love songs. I posted the lyric as an opening post of this blog (please scroll down if you like to). We plan to have a karaoke session on the fourth week of the month. Yihaaa...we'll have karaoke clubbing soon.

The class dismissed with 30 minutes extension. Thank God for the generous teacher you sent to us, for letting her to be carried away with our enthusiasm.

Through choir... we listen to our friends' voice, we share our voice in balance with theirs. Choir teaches us to partake in creating harmony. Friendship.

No comments: